Hybrid Battery Reconditioning
Due to the high demand for our
services, we are only working with local customers in Southern
Do you have one or more of the following issues?
- Master warning light and hybrid system warning light accompanied by DTC P3006(Prius)
- IMA warning light is on(Honda)
- Diagnostic Trouble Code, DTC P1447, battery degradation. This turns on the IMA light(Honda)
- DTC P1449, battery overheat, deterioration or deviation. This turns on the IMA light(Honda)
- DTC P1600 and/or P1601 are the associated codes to turn on the Check Engine Light, CEL(Honda)
- The battery status charge meter fluctuates between fully charged and discharged randomly
- Power assist stops when going uphill and it starts charging, battery usually shows some charge
- While going downhill the full charge is showing and suddenly the vehicle jerks and charging is diminished
- Fuel economy is not what it used to be
These issues result from the battery management system in your car detecting a problem and limiting the performance of the hybrid battery system in order to protect the battery. If your hybrid has high miles and is presented with these various issues, the problem will likely be a failing battery. As the age of the batteries in hybrid cars reaches 7+ years the internal workings of the hybrid car batteries will begin breaking down which results in a lower energy capacity of these batteries. Eventually, the battery will be unable to meet the car's minimum charge/discharge requirements which will trigger the IMA/Hybrid System Warning light on the dashboard.
Civic Hybrid and Insight battery.
For $350 we are offering a reconditioning service to all Honda hybrid owners that are looking for an alternative to paying the $2500+ price of getting a new battery from Honda. This reconditioning service will include an analysis/reconditioning of all 20 packs inside the battery case and replacement of failing battery packs. The batteries inside the cell can fail for many reasons and we do extensive testing to ensure that the battery you receive from us will last you 5+ years. To see the tests we perform, check out our Information Page. If you'd like to have your battery reconditioned contact us via email.
For information on how battery reconditioning or how the IMA system works in your car, feel free to visit these links:
Prius Synergy Drive System information - Wikipedia
Honda IMA System information - Wikipedia
Nickel Metal Hydride battery information - Wikipedia
Battery University, NiMH batteries information - Information on the battery like the one in your Honda hybrid, how to care for it, reconditioning, etc. You can learn what my service does and the expected results.
IEC International Electrotechnical Commission, is a non-profit, non-governmental international standards organization that prepares and publishes International Standards for all electrical, electronic and related technologies, this includes all types of testing and rating of batteries.
I will continue adding more as I review those websites. If you know of one that you found useful, please let me know.